How to Prevent a Kitchen Fire
Kitchen fires are some of the main causes of a home fire. Here are 10 tips on how to prevent kitchen fires:
- Never leave a cooking area unattended.
- Clean cooking surfaces regularly to avoid grease buildup.
- Never wear loose clothing while cooking near an open flame.
- Keep pot holders, towels, utensils, plastic bags, oven mitts etc. away from anything that generates heat in your kitchen.
- Check your kitchen before you leave the house or go to bed to make your sure everything is turned off.
- Have smoke alarms installed in your kitchen and throughout your home.
- Use a timer to remember that the stove or oven is on.
- Unplug electric appliances when they aren't in use.
- Use caution with what you put in the microwave- make sure you are using microwave safe containers.
- Don't overfill pots and pans with oil or grease.
SERVPRO of West Greenville County wants you to be safe and aware of the safety tips of cooking in a kitchen. If you do ever experience a home fire, call us at 864-292-8570 and we will help restore your home!